Sunday, June 5, 2011

Almond: The Underdog of Extracts

I want you to know that I love the flavor of vanilla as much as the next person, but about three years ago, I discovered that another extract actually packed more flavor when added to my culinary confections.

Enter my love affair with almond extract.

Oftentimes, vanilla extract gets lost in the mix & is unnoticed in the flavor of the final product.Using almond extract in place of vanilla extract in your baking recipes adds a wonderful, slightly stronger flavor. Also, the almond flavor enhances the flavor of chocolate in chocolate-chip cookies, adds another dimension of flavor to a plain chocolate or vanilla cake mix and gives homemade butter cream frosting a unique & delicious taste.

Try it out! Once you go almond, you'll never go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment