Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fabulous Five Minute Fudge for Father's Day



All of the men in my family harbor a massive sweet-tooth.

My father's sweet tooth springs to life in the evening. Sometimes after I was supposed to be asleep, I would hear the cookie jar lid open (mostly when a Celtics game would cut to commercial) or the faint clinking of a spoon against an empty ice cream bowl after he'd just finished an impromptu sundae. My adolescent mind would seethe ("I can't wait until I'm a grownup so I can eat cookies whenever I want!").

My Nonno's sweet tooth is less predictable - he never knows when it will strike, only that it will. To be prepared, he hides Hershey miniatures all over his home - some in his desk, some on the stand next to the television. Ready, available and easily accessible should the craving strike.

I'm pretty sure that Father's Day is the only day where it's still acceptable for a grown-woman to give someone a homemade gift so this year, I'm going to give them exactly what they want. Chocolatey, marshmallow-y sustenance.


Five-Minute Rocky Road Fudge

1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (12 oz) pkg. semi sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp. almond extract
1/2 C. chopped walnuts
1/2 C. miniature marshmallows

Line a 9x9 inch brownie pan with tin foil. Lightly grease pan & set aside.

In a microwave-safe bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk & chocolate chips. Microwave on high for one minute. Stir. Microwave for another minute. Stir. Chocolate should be smooth and creamy. Add almond extract. Stir.

Add in chopped walnuts & miniature marshmallows. Stir.

Pour mixture into the brownie pan & smooth evenly with a spoon. Refrigerate until set (1-2 hours). Cut into squares and enjoy!

-----

Does your guy like things simple?: Omit the marshmallows & walnuts. This fudge is delicious plain as well!

This fudge makes a great gift for any guy! Stack a few pieces - wrap in cellophane - tie with a ribbon and voila. Gourmet gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment