Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Snow Cone Crazy


I'm sure you will be shocked to know that the only time I spent in the kitchen over the course of this weekend was when I was eating or refilling my water bottle. Sadly, I did not find the time to bake. Alas, I was too busy enjoying other people's lovely cooking, the beach, some fruity drinks, beautiful weather & time spent with good friends.

I did have the great pleasure to enjoy a Snow Cone made by my boyfriend, Bobby. I must say, when he stood there in Target a few weeks ago, eyes wide at the sight of this silly Snow Cone maker, I scoffed and mumbled about what a waste of money it would be...

But, I can admit when I'm wrong and I was wrong about this one! This thing was worth the money and definitely enjoyed by all! I did love my tasty Snow Cone, but even more than that, I am in love with these penguin cups!



We mixed classic flavors (Watermelon, Cotton Candy & Blue Raspberry) to create a patriotic twist on this classic!

Looking for a grownup twist on this childhood favorite?
I suggest topping your snow cone with Midouri or Razzmatazz liqueur! Delicious.

Here's all you need to make some sweet snow cones of your own! It's only the second week in July - Go get your Snow Cone on!


Nostalgia Old-Fashioned Snow Cone Maker - $29.99
(Photo Courtesy of Amazon.com)










Back to Basics Snow Cone Cups & Straws - $4.79
(Photo Courtesy of Amazon.com)









Shaved Ice Flavored Syrup - $7.95/bottle

Fun flavors include Blueberry Muffin, Cajun Red Hot & even Wedding Cake!

2 comments: